Thursday, November 26, 2009

No, I didn't have the first 12 month pegnancy in human history! I am just not a good blogger.


Ok, so we have been really bad about updating our blog for awhile. So there will probably be a lot of posts to get you up to date with our family.

The very first and biggest update was the birth of our 4th child, Megan Whitney. Can you believe we have 4? I was supposed to be induced on August 21st, but Megan had other plans. My mom and my brother Jim were coming down from Idaho and had planned on being here for the birth. My mom was going to watch the other kids while Marc and I went to the hospital.

I was having pretty regular contractions, but they didn't seem to be going anywhere. Marc went to Checker auto parts with Scott. Soon after, the contractions really started to increase, so I called him and told him he should probably come home. While he was on the way home, I was getting my bags ready for the hospital. Luckily, Haylee arrived at the house and volunteered to stay with the kids. My mom and my brother were still just north of Flagstaff, and the baby wasn't going to wait for them to get here.

When we got to the hospital I was already dilated to a 5, but all of the delivery rooms were in use. I was going so fast that they put me in a room that is typically just used for storage and had machines to warm blankets and IV bags. I got an epidural and less than 10 minutes later the baby decided she was not waiting any longer. The on call Dr came, because my Dr didn't have time to get there. I pushed a few times and she was born. Megan Whitney, was born at 7pm. She weighed 7lbs. 4oz. and was 19 inches long. She had brown hair and seemed really tiny.

She was a very quiet baby at first. After about 3 weeks she found her lungs, and a very loud cry. Luckily she doesn't use that very often. She is usually a very happy baby until the big kids start mauling her. She is starting to get brown eyes and has one of the cutest smiles ever.

5 comments:

Allison Barry said...

You're right, she does have the cutest smile ever!!! I'm so happy for you guys, and yes, i was wondering where the heck the updates were!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

She's so cute. I can't wait for more pictures. Give everyone a hug for me!

Kenningtons said...

I'm so happy you posted about this!! I honestly thought all along that you had a baby BOY!!! I was REALLY confused when I read you named your son Megan Whitney! Then I thought maybe it was a family name so you just decided to go for it. I'm glad I'm up to speed and everything is straightened out in my head.

Crazy stuff that you delivered your baby in a storage room of all places! A toilet is bad but I'm going to have to go on record saying a storage room can't be all that sanitary either! Is that really how births go down in the US???

Nicole Hunter said...

Cute pics! I'm happy you updated too! :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! Merry Christimas!