Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Full moon over Mesa

For Marc's birthday I decided to send him to Canada to visit his family. I found a really good deal on airline tickets, and the last couple of years he has said he missed the winter season. So I thought this would be perfect. He flew out of a smaller airport in south mesa on the morning of the 11th. I thought this was kind of a cool airport. It is a lot like airports used to be. You walk out on the tarmac to get on the plane and you can stand next to the runway and watch the plane take off. They even have a little grassy area with a BBQ and picnic tables next to the runway.

So Marc checked in and the kids and I went out to watch him get on the plane. We were all excited when we saw Marc walk out onto the runway, so I told the kids to wave at daddy. The girls started waving and yelling to Marc, then I noticed Scott wasn't standing with the other 2. So I glanced back and he was standing back from me just a little and to the right, just out of sight. He had decided that instead of waving to daddy it would be more fun to moon him instead. I WAS SO MAD! I told him that better not ever happen again and if it did he would not be having fun for a very long time, he would go to school and come home and stay in his room except to eat until I forgot what he did. All I can say though, is that he definitely acts more like his dad every day.

5 comments:

Angela Killpack said...

LOL! I know you told me this story last night... but I'm laughing even harder tonight. :)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. You're right, scary how much he is like his dad. :) By the way, thanks for sending Marc home for a visit. Sure wish you all could have come.

Melissa said...

That is hilarious! Not for you of course, but thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

Nicole Hunter said...

What a funny kid! I bet Marc thought it was funny! :) I'm so glad you updated the blog Kristi! I've been scrolling through, reading all of the updates! I'm impressed that you can change the oil in your car! AND that you're teaching your girls! I know I was taught how to do that a loooooong time ago, but it didn't stick with me. Hope you guys are having a good Christmas season!

Nicole Hunter said...

P.S.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARC!!!